Saturday, June 03, 2006

What She Means To Me


Wife.

Help-mate.

Lover.

Friend.

Soul-mate.

Inspiration.

This is a picture of Chris and I when we had gone out of town to Lake Tahoe. It's one of my favorite pictures of us together. We look happy, because we ARE happy. That trip ended up being life-changing.

I met Chris in college. I fell in love with her the minute I saw her. I won't go into all of the details here, but let's just say that she has been in my life ever since. There is a song on the "For The Boys" soundtrack by Bette Midler called "Every Road Leads Back To You"... and so it does. We've gone our separate ways, we tried to do it alone, but literally every road has led back to her. I've wondered what people who don't have a woman like Chris in their lives do. She has been so much to me, has made my life as wonderful as it is, and has given me three wonderful children. She is, well... phenomenal.

She is an artist. The things that she can do with her hands are amazing. Our house is beautifully decorated and very homey because of her touch. High class on a shoe-string budget. I laugh and call her the Queen of Bargains. She can smell a bargain a thousand yards off in a high wind and a rain storm! And then, what she does with her bargains can only be described as magic. She has an incredible eye for detail and style. I'm so thankful she's mine.

As a mother, no one can compare - just ask my kids! She's homeschooled the boys, kept the house together, made a home, kept it full of love and peace, and has helped our kids to know what it means to have integrity, class and grace. I'm glad the kids have her... if it were up to me, they'd be so much less than who they are.

You can't put a price on the love of your life. That's what she is. Ain't I lucky? I sure think so!

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment