Saturday, June 03, 2006

This is my reality...

Greetings and Welcome!

I've decided to start a blog. Why? I'm not really sure... I journal already, and this will likely be a burden at some point, but I have a lot to say.

I have two auto-immune diseases: Ankylosing Spondylitis and Pulmanory Sarcoidosis. AS attacks your joint and specifically your spine, and PS attacks your joints and lungs. So, my bones are under constant attack, and my lungs have been compromised by little nodules called "granulomas" so I don't have as much real-estate for transfer of air to my body. I am on morphine every day, and take other pain killers for when that isn't enough. Needless to say, I'm not terribly thrilled to have this - given that I'm only in my 40's.

I work every day as an Instructional Designer for a company that does Environmental Consulting. I love my work - it's something I can do with these diseases. My job requires a lot of writing and creative expression, so it's right down my alley.

That's all for now. I'll write more, share more, and likely gripe and moan a lot more soon.

This is me. Take it or Leave it.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment