Sunday, June 04, 2006

The "Other Woman!"

This is Maureen O'Hara. Quite literally, "the other woman!"

I've been in love with Maureen from the moment I first saw her with Errol Flynn in "Against All Flags" in which she played one of the captains of the coast. In one scene in particular she shows up in Flynn's cabin and says "Mr. Hawk, you boasted once about what you could do with your hands untied," then sitting back, crossing her legs and spreading her arms open wide across the back of the couch, she continued, "well, get with it." A true heart-stopping moment. You have to love a woman who can wear boots like those!

Chris is certainly the love of my life. And she isn't threatened by Maureen considering she's, well... she's dead! Chris thinks I'm off my coconut for holding a flame for someone who's dead, so she let's me wish! I always tease Chris if she ever has a dream in which I'm with another woman... I always ask if she was a red-head. At this point, I don't think she'd ever tell me if the woman really was a red-head.

I am a big fan of old movies. My favorite channels on cable are Turner Classic Movies and Retroplex. There is just something these old movies have that can't be duplicated any longer. My favorite movie of all time (classic movie that is...) is "Captains Courageous" with Spencer Tracy and Freddy Bartholomew. There is a morality and a classiness that Hollywood has forgotten. The actors were bigger than life, and didn't have to make their point with vulgarity or nudity or gore. The messages were clean and based on morals. I always feel like I come away from a classic movie improved some how. Movies now days normally make me feel like I need a bath.

Maureen may be dead, but she was a great actress. As a woman she's beautiful. But she's make believe, she's ethereal. She has no qualities I so greatly desire that are not fulfilled in the love of my life. It's true Maureen's a red head... I like that... but I'm sure Chris would prefer if I had a ripped body and six pack. Acutally, I think we love eachother just the way we are. And it doesn't get any better than that.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment