Saturday, June 03, 2006

My big sister, Jeannie

This is my sister Jeannie and my sweetheart, Chris. Jeannie had flown down from Oregon to attend her best friend's funeral. It was a sad time for all of us.

Growing up I was denied the fun of having my birth-siblings in my life. I had always wanted a big sister, and used to get a big ache in my heart every time I saw one of those Lifesavers commercials where the little brother would sneak into his big sister's room to steal her Lifesavers... you know, the ones she intentionally set out for him? I longed for a big sister. Then, in 1989 Jeannie and I met for the first time. There was an instant connection that happened and has continued to this day. We are very close. We share a great deal in common. Had it not been for meeting Jeannie, I never would have owned Boxers or Boston Terriers. When I met her for the first time, I also met Sinbad, Tut, and Kai Kai her kitty. Sinbad was a Boxer, Tut was the most wall-eyed little Bostie you'd ever hope to meet.

Jeannie is moving back to Utah in a month. I am really looking forward to having my big sister near me once again. She has lived in Oregon with her husband Jeff, and their two kids, Noah and Hannah for what feels like FOREVER! They will finally be close enough that all we'll need to do is jump in the car and go see them. That is like a dream come true! Now if we could just get Lisa and Mark to move back to the normal part of the state!

Jeannie and Chris are best friends too. Do you know how great it is for your wife to be best friends with your sisters? It's awesome! BUT... and I mean this in all the best ways... it gets frustrating too... know why? Because they GANG UP ON YOU!!! I end up getting teased unmercifully when they are together. But you know? Secretly, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment