Sunday, June 11, 2006

One of the reasons I love him so...

I couldn't resist... I know I talk alot about Simon here... but you have to understand - he is like no other dog I've ever known. This little guy can read my mind it seems!

Simon doing his "Palm Reading" trick

I got the camera out yesterday and was trying to get a picture of Simon with his ears up. For some reason, it seems like his ears are always laid back... even when he's totally happy. Of course, he'll pop 'em up if he hears something, or if he's trying to get me to give him a treat, but most of the time, they're just down. Well, I took a ton of pictures of him yesterday, and this is one of the very cutest. He really does look like he's trying to understand what's going on with all those lines on my hand!

Simon seems happiest when he is in contact with me. If I lie down, he's right there, and leaning against me. If I'm sitting somewhere (as I am at my computer right now), he will sit where he's touching me. He's between my feet on the floor with his head on my foot. When my AS flares up and I'm not feeling well, it's as though he can sense that, and he comes and will not leave my side. Terrapin (our female Boxer) will do the same thing, but Simon stays very close to me. He won't even get up to go outside... he has to be picked up to go potty. I've never connected with a dog like this before. I'm so very grateful he's in my life. And, when you look at him, you can see part of the reason why... he's just damn cute!

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment