Saturday, June 10, 2006

Drew... Son of Blackbeard?

YAARRRRRRRGH!

Andrew has always had a great sense of humor. Ever since he was a little boy and would wait unitl we'd built a tall tower of blocks to eagerly knock it down, to laughing to talking like a pirate ("Yaarrrrgh! Yer bootie shivers me timbers!"). Drew has always been a source of fun in our house.

That's one thing I have to say I love about my kids. They are still loving, snuggly and even as young adults, they're willing to give me hugs and a kiss on the cheek - anywhere anytime. Drew will come in every night after being out and let us know he's home, then climb onto the bed between Chris and I and tell us about his evening. He rarely goes to bed without coming in to tell us goodnight and give us kisses and hugs... and he's NINETEEN years old! I love that about Drew.

One of the best experiences of my life was when I was working at USI Computers and Drew got hired there to build computers. We would ride to work together, talk with eachother during the day, ride home together at night, and had a great thing in common with each other. I loved watching Drew work and show his boss that he and I were cut from the same cloth. Drew rarely misses work, is always there on time, and is a good, consistent worker. I know his boss is very glad to have him there. I loved working with him. It was the closest I've ever felt to him. I'm very proud of him.

Drew, I hope you never give up being soft. Being tender and kind. There is nothing more admirable in the world than a masculine man that can be kind, gentle and loving. There is nothing wrong with showing your emotions, your love or your caring. Please don't ever change that part of you! I look at you and I think of all that you're doing and all that you can be, and I hope you'll never sell yourself short, or settle for less than you deserve. You're my son, and I am so happy you are. I love you.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment