Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Mom

This is a picture of my Mother, C. Jeanne Hunter. We were doing what we always did when I was a kid before going to Kindergarden - SHOPPING! I was only about 4 here and she made me wear shorts! I used to go shopping with her all the time. We were inseperable. My Mom had an AVON business and she used to take me with her to make deliveries in Emmigration Canyon. At that time we had a little green VW Beetle. When we'd go shopping - like we are here - you could count on spending a lot of time in the women's sections at ZCMI... Do you know how hard it is to sit there and be good while your Mom is trying on bras? I used to spend tons of time inside the clothing racks... All you unfortunate little kids who had to go with Mom know exactly what I'm talking about!



This picture is of my Mother, and my adopted brother Todd. Todd is the birth son of my Mom and Dad. I was adopted close to Todd's birthday one year, so they made me his present. I don't recall the reason we had this picture done. I was very young. Mom and I haven't been close for years. We've had some communication problems that have driven a wedge between us. But with the loss of my Dad, I've been convicted in my heart that I need to change that. When she dies, I don't want to have any regrets - like I did with my Dad.



Mom did a good job with Todd and I. For the most part, we're upstanding, contributing members of society. When my parents got divorced, my Mom didn't re-marry and raised us on her own. I know that couldn't have been easy, so hat's off to you Mom! I really hope that we'll be able to re-build that bridge.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment