Sunday, June 11, 2006

Me and Lisa - My little sister

If you've read my blog, you've read how as children the state took custody of all of us kids when our parents abandoned us, and how we were all adopted out to different families? Well, Lisa was adopted by the Larsons up in Heber. She was the last of the birth siblings that we found. Lisa and I are very close, and we have a lot of fun together when we see eachother. She lives in St. George though, so we don't get to see eachother as much as we'd like. Thank God for IM and for email though. If we were limited to phone calls only, we'd be more broke than we are!

This picture was taken in January when Mark and Lisa drove all the way from St. George to come to my father's funeral. Mark ended up going back home and left Lisa to play for a couple of days. We're goofy when we get together - as you can see here (that's Drew, Son of Blackbeard, in the background!):

This is what inbreeding does!

Actually, Lisa and I joke around alot about how if'n we wern't married to our spouses, we'd ruin eachother for any other man/woman... As I write that out, it makes me realize that it's a little creepy to be saying that to your sister! Oh well... we've always been very close. Lisa is by far, the most Christ-like woman I've ever known. We aren't the same faith (or religion if you prefer), but she has shown me over and over again what it means to love unconditionally. I haven't been so great in returning that gesture, but I'm working on it. Lisa is the glue that keeps our sibling family together. She is the only one that keeps in contact with each of us. If we want to know about the other brothers and sisters, you can always count on Lisa having the latest scoop. She is a peace-maker and a healer. She is incredibly important in my life.

I look like this now... I shaved my head yesterday.

This picture was taken when we went to St. George for a visit with Mark and Lisa. I think it's pretty obvious how much we love eachother. When I grow up, I want to be able to love unconditionally like Lisa does. I'd like to be able to shine Jesus like she does. She's been a good example to me.

The best hugs in the world.

Lisa, if you're reading this, I hope you know that nothing will ever come between us again. You've shown me again that patience and love and above all consistency, will win the world's heart... you certainly have won mine.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment