Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

Lindsay - Marge - Friend

What can I say to a picture like this? This is my daughter Linz, Marge, who I call my other daughter, and a friend of theirs. They were off to see Rocky Horror Picture Show... Can you tell?

When I was coming up, and in the crowd I hung around with, it was the cool thing to go see Rocky Horror on Fridays and Saturdays at the Blue Mouse theater in down town Salt Lake. Of course, with the conservative community, it was one of the most "outrageous" things a young person could do. We wasted so much money going to that show... But throwing toast, throwing hotdogs, spraying water, screaming "VIRGIN!!!" and doing the "Time Warp" (..."It's just a jump to left, and a step to the ri-i-i-i-i-ight... Put your hands on your hips! And bring your knees in tight!... And then a pelvic thrust, it really drives you insa -a-a-a-a-ane, LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!") with my friends were some of the best times I ever had. I used to be so proud of the fact that I had seen Rocky Horror SIXTY FOUR - 64 - times!! Now I think about that at $5 a pop... HOLY COW! I spent a BUTT LOAD of money to bring my knees in tight!

Am I a better man for it? I don't know. But I do know one thing... I didn't freak out when my kids wanted to go. I hope they had as much fun as I did.

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment