Sunday, July 02, 2006

This is my Father-in-Law

This is my Father-in-Law, Doug Davis. Ever since I've known him, he's been kind to me. We've had a lot of fun with each other, and actually have a lot in common. He served over 20 years in the United Stated Air Force. I also am an Air Force Vet. We talk for hours about his experiences and mine.

George Douglas "Doug" Davis
My favorite Father-in-Law!

I love to be with Dad. He will occasionally come up and spend the night at our house. Especially if he has an appointment early at the VA hospital. When he does, he always wants to take us out to dinner and to sit and talk and talk. We love it when Dad comes up. The kids and I tease him when he falls asleep by dropping bits of paper in his mouth that's usually open whilst he snores. He get's kinda mad when we do that!

Chris absolutely worships the ground he walks on. Dad always says that if reincarnation is real, he wants to come back as a dog living in OUR house! He loves to snuggle with the dogs when he comes up. Cricket, our first Boston Terrier, would get so excited when he came up. She'd jump and run in circles until grandpa would sit down, and then BOOM right on his lap. He'd scoot over, and Cricket would back her big behind in next to him and there she'd stay. Grandpa would pet her for hours.

Dad? I love you. Thank you for all of your experiences that you share with me. I won't ever get tired of listening to you. You can tell me how you saved the world any time you like. I love you!

This is me... take it or leave it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your FIL!! He is such a wonderful dad. The stories Chris has told me about him are heart warming. He's a great guy, works his butt off and absolutely LOVES your family! When I met him, I knew instantly that he was a kind, generous and loving man. You're lucky to have him.

    Now stop dropping bits of paper into his mouth when he's asleep...you could choke him, for pete's sake!!! Try tobasco sauce. ;)

    ReplyDelete