Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Or-e-GONE no MORE!

Once upon a time I met my big sister for the first time in my life. Then, while I travelled around the world with the Air Force, she moved away to New Mexico first, then to on to Oregon. Suddenly, my sister, whom I'd wanted to get to know better was hundreds of miles away... and the only way I could see her was on the occasional holiday, or sadly, the occasional funeral. I did not relish the idea of a long-distance relationship.

Jeannie in front of the fireplace at our home

Well recently, something magical happened! Out of the blue, the stars aligned, the moon was in it's seventh house, Jupiter aligned with Mars - or whatever, but suddenly, Jeff was given the opportunity to work in Utah... and that meant my sister was coming home! But, like I told Jeannie, I wasn't prepared to believe it until I saw her smiling mug in the flesh.

Jeannie and Jeff's new home on the east-bench in Ogden
(it's absolutely "Capitol!")

Chris has the same kind of relationship with Jeannie as she does with Lisa. We had barely pulled up before the door flew open and Jeannie came running out of the house. I was still pulling stuff from the car when I looked up and saw them dancing in eachothers arms on the front lawn!

Two amazing women... two women I love like mad!

It's awesome to know that Chris is close to my sisters. I only wish that Lisa lived up here - of course I'd never see the three of them - but it would be wonderful. The three of them would tease me to no end, but I would love it. Again, I'm so happy that Chris is close to Jeannie and Lisa.
Jeff giving a little nibble for a Klondike Bar

We had a nice dinner with Jeannie and Jeff. Jeannie made a wonderful raspberry chicken over rice, and we brought a green salad and french bread. Simple fare but the company was wonderful!
Jeff relaxes on the deck while waiting on dinner

Jeff is doing the Marketing for Revv Industries. The product they are selling is an amazing conversion kit for motorcross bikes that allows you to ride them in the snow! Jeff has talked to me about this kit for a long time, but this visit to the house afforded me my first glimpse of the conversion kit. We watched a marketing DVD of the bikes in action riding in the snow, and all I could think of as I watched them go was how much I'd like to take them for a ride!

Noah on the trampoline in the back yard

Noah is growing up to be a very big kid. He'll be nine this month, but to look at him, he could easily pass for a twelve-year-old. He's big! While we were there, Jeff and Noah were wrestling on the bed when Noah threw an elbow and hit Jeff in the nose! There was an ominous "crack" and suddenly Jeff knew it was broken! Jeff has had a history of problems with his nose, so this could be bad...
Hannah strikes a pose... what a beutiful young lady!

Hannah and I got be best buddies most of the night. Jeff and Noah were hanging out with eachother, Chris and Jeannie were talking paint, and Hannah and I "dead-headed" the rose bushes and laid on the trampoline and talked about the trees. Hannah is a little chatter box and a lot of fun to hang out with! We had a good time. Hannah says she wants to come to Salt Lake and have a sleep out with Aunt Chris! I'll tell you one thing... not only does Hannah love the camera, but the camera loves her too! What a cutie!

Chewy was very happy to hang out on my lap and "purr" all night!

At first I was reluctant to admit that this ball of fur was a real dog... but the more he sat on my lap and loved on me, the more he grew on me. He was sitting on my lap with a constant growl going - which Jeannie told me was the way he "purred" and that it meant he was happy! He grew on me through the night. I really like him. I took this picture with my macro lens, and I love how happy he looks. OK, OK!!! Chewy is officially a dog. So let it be written, so let it be done!

The smile says it all!

All I can say is that you don't need to pinch me. This dream is real! I've lamented the fact that Jeannie was so far away from me. And it seemed like whenever she came down we weren't able to spend as much time together as we'd like (of course there never is enough time in a vacation is there?) From the time I first met Jeannie I knew we'd be close! Now that she lives in Utah again, I pray we always will be! I love you Jeannie - welcome home. Jeff, Noah, Hannah? I am so happy you're in my life! Welcome home to all!

This is me... take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment