Monday, September 04, 2006

Goodbye my dear little Boy!

Simon doesn't live with me any more. In Sandy, the maximum number of dogs we can have is two... we've had four now for almost a year. Simon was the latest addition, and put us in danger of not just getting fined, but losing all four of our dogs. He and I really bonded. In fact, I would say that I've never loved a dog as much as I love Simon. He has been a such an incredible blessing to me when I haven't felt well. He would sit with me, or lay by my side and not leave. Sadly, he didn't hit it off with anyone else in the family. Being a terrier, he was VERY high energy, and as didn't connect with everyone, I agreed to find a good home for him where he'd be loved and be the center of attention.

The last photo I took of Simon... completely un-posed!

When we had Cricket (our first Bostie), we gave Chris's oldest brother, Doug one of her puppies. Well, Doug, Miriam and all the kids absolutely loved Oreo, and when he died, they really missed him too. When we first got Simon we offered him to Doug and Miriam with that in mind, but at the time they didn't think the time was right. So, we got to keep him for a while. Well, it turned out that all of the siblings in Chris's family got together yesterday, so I asked Chris to take Simon down to meet Doug and Miriam and see if they thought it might be time for another Bostie. Doug and Miriam really liked him, and from what Chris says, Simon really loved Doug... so, for that, I'm really grateful.

Doug and Miriam - Proud new parents of Simon

I know that Simon will be loved on and pampered. He'll be missed so much, but at least I know he's going to a good home that will love him like mad. He's impossible not to love! I'll always be grateful that I had the time I did with him... and it's not like I'll never get to see him!

So Simon! I love you little man, and I'll keep you in my prayers. You'll never know how much you helped me through some hard times. Be good to Doug and Miriam, and don't do anything to make them regret taking you... otherwise, I'll have to just come and take you back!

Simon in a thoughtful mood.

My favorite "palm reading" picture

Giving me a "raspberry..."

Simon's FAVORITE place to be... under the covers.



These two pictures added together...


Puts us in the most AMAZING places!

From high mountains to the bottom of the sea!
(Thank goodness for PhotoShop huh?!)

Try as she might... Chris DID like Simon... most of the time

He and I loved eachother... so very much!

The VERY best picture of Simon

All I can say is that there are times in your life when you find someone who loves you unconditionally and passionately. Simon loved me like no other dog has loved me. I will miss him very much, but I'm at peace because he'll find a good home with Doug and Miriam. I know that I'll get to see him again as well. Bottom line? My life was improved because of a little black and white dog that couldn't stop kissing me. I'll forever be a better person for knowing him!

I love you Simon!

This is me... take it or leave it!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I absolutely love the pictures. I have had a blast with this blog.

    Blessings to you and Chris.

    Possi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Forgot to tell you who this is. :o)
    So you probably know. LOL

    Possi

    ReplyDelete