Monday, January 05, 2009

Unemployed Musings...

Greetings faithful fans and readers... all ONE of you! LOL...

As I've embarked on this grand unknown journey, I've had some time to really think about the things that matter most, and the things that are worth hanging on to, and NOT. I'm blessed. I have a beautiful wife, wonderful children, a nice home (for now!), and many, many other things that make my life wonderful. I know that Chris doesn't feel that way. And believe it or not, I understand.

With the passing of her little brother, this seems like one huge ol' kick in the gut while we're down. And to some extent, it is. But it's not over, and I feel very encouraged to say that God's not done with me, or us. It's hard to see God's hands in any of this in fact, and every day that goes by is a test of whether or not I'm going to fling it all in His face and walk away. I doubt I will though... I'm hooked... I need Him too much. In light of that, I wrote this for my sweetie.

The War Is On!

There's not a thing that I can do
But watch you in distress and tears.
I'm trying hard, you know it's true,
To put at rest your doubts and fears.

I have no job, and things look black,
Our hopes and dreams seem all stalled out,
But I'm not done! No looking back!
The war is on, begin the charge complete the rout!

There's lots of fight left deep in me!
The world's never seen my type of fire!
I'll see us through, you watch and see!
Things need not seem so dark and dire!

A plan is set by God above,
And I'm but just a lowly actor,
We'll make it through, I swear, my love!
This need not be our end's disaster!

I'll do the things to get us by,
You watch, this won't spell the end of days!
The darkened clouds will leave the sky,
And we'll once again see bright sun rays!

I'm sorry, dear - I've brought us here
I wish things could be safe and sure,
But there's no room for doubt or fear,
When trusting God with vision pure.

We'll fight together, you and I;
We'll stand and see this trial through.
And side by side we'll more than try;
We'll win this fight! No less will do!

So wipe the tears from 'neath your eyes,
And take my hand and stand with me!
It's not so bad, don't buy those lies!
We'll win the day, just trust in me!


Michael Hunter


I trust that God has something better, greater, and more inspiring for me. I'm standing on that.

It's a journey... not always an easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment