Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Beloved

You know, there are times in a person's life when they realize just how fortunate they are to be with the one they love. For all intents and purposes, I've been with Chris now for almost 26 years. And though we've had some very difficult, character building experiences in our lives, we've come through them together. I love my wife. Of that there is NO doubt. I see her as something wonderful and precious, and someone I can hardly say I deserve.

Recently I've been reading a lot of poetry and it's sort of bit me... and I've got the bug again... so I'm going to post a new poem I wrote. It's for my sweetheart. The one I love with all my soul. Here it is:

"Chris"

Simple grace found in a sweet round face;
Eyes that sparkle with mischief and joy;
Cheeks red with passionate blood, and a smile.
O, the smile which always steals away my breath and pain.

Belly laughs from a belly large with life and love;
Eyebrows making question marks as her eyes sparkle
with tears of joy. Her nostrils flare with mirth in a
way I can never imitate!

Hands that knit as easily as they pull weeds, or
make keepsakes for ones she loves. Hands that know
the art of compassion and loving touch - bringing assurance
and peace in a troubled, fisted world.

All are bound up and make up the heartbeat of my life.
The very presence of her makes my life take focus and
assume purpose. It's my luck that these eyes, hands and
softness love me back.


Yesterday this wonderful woman I love scored a 99.3% on her Physiology midterm. This is a class that most people end up having to take twice - if not three times! So, not only is she cute, but she's smart too!

I'm lucky. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment