Saturday, October 25, 2008

"My Mother" A Poem by my Dad...

My Father was hilarious. For as long as I knew him, he would always recite a poem called, "My Mother." We would laugh hysterically when he would do it, so before he died, we got him to do it on video tape, and I transcribed it here. So Dad? This is for you!

My Mother

By William “Bill” Hunter – Grandpa Bill

My Mother

Who took me from my warm, warm cot
And placed me on a cold, cold pot
And made me pee, whether I could or not!


My Mother

Who then my hair would gently part
And squeeze me closer to her heart
And squeeze until I sometimes fart!

My Mother

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit

When in my little drawers would shit
And say to me, “Get up and git!”

My Mother

I love my dad still - even though he isn't with me. It's hard to deal with sometimes, but when I remember things like his poetry, it makes me smile, and I do alright.

I love you Dad!

It is, truly a life unhinged.

No comments:

Post a Comment