Thursday, April 23, 2009

I have fear... and I get what it means...

Well, today's the big day. I have an interview with a wonderful international company called "The Waterford Group." The position is for an instructional designer. I can do the job - no doubt about it, but it's a little frightening to be going to an interview. I've had very FEW interviews in my life - having been fortunate enough to be able to go from one position to another through my network, or by word of mouth, or by popular demand. So yes, I'm scared.

This is how I'm feeling inside...

I am trying not to give into fear. But if I can be so honest and straight forward with you, it just seems that it's all too good... that things are coming together for me... and I don't want to jinx it. I don't even believe in things being jinxed, but being an avid baseball fan, I know better than to disrespect the streak. I am qualified. I can do the job. I trust that God has his plans for me... that they're good plans... that He isn't out to keep me down, hurting and unemployed.

Speaking of God... every time I start getting freaked out, I hear in the back of my head, "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, for he trusts you." (Isaiah 26:3) I guess this is called stepping out in faith... I'll let you know how that works out!

Thank you Linz for helping me make this happen. Thank you Chris for your words of encouragement. Thanks Rob and Guy for your prayers. Thanks all of you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Most of all, thank you God. There's too much to say thank you for Lord, but I know you know what I mean.

It's a journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment