Saturday, November 04, 2006

Do we really PAMPER our kids?

My Father-in-law is fond of saying that if reincarnation is real, he hopes he comes back in life as one of our dogs. We are VERY fond of our animals - as if you haven't figured that out by now... But sometimes, I have to say we go just a tad too far.

This is McGwire who was interrupted during his nap. As I look at this picture, I have to ask myself, how did we ever get so lucky?!

Oops... we interrupted Geeter's beauty sleep

Recently, we've had to talk about losing our pets. McGwire has a lump in his neck much like the one that Cricket started out with before she died of cancer. Not that he has cancer mind you, but we have to think about things like that if we're to be responsible pet owners. I read an article not too long ago that spoke of pets in heaven. Many people have the misconception that animals do not have souls. In fact, many bible teachers or pastors will teach this, but anyone who has ever had pets and looked into their eyes HAS to know that there is someone looking back. This article was from a famous Christian Pastor/Evangelist and shares his personal belief that pets will meet us in heaven, and that they will testify about/against us in our judgement. I believe this because the bible says that the Godly treat their animals kindly and take care of them. So, looking at McGwire, should we lose him, I think he'll have plenty of good things to say about the way we treated our pets.

I love our pets... it's part of a life unhinged.

No comments:

Post a Comment