Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Though everything I wrote earlier is right, and we really should be thinking of those less fortunate than ourselves, we did have a good time.

At the top of the list was Zack cooking the turkey! It's time in my life that I start passing on some of the things that I do well to my kids. Ever since we've been married, I've been the one to cook the Thanksgiving turkey, and this year Zack wanted to do it. So I coached him and he did a great job!

Here's some of the proof!!

Zack basting away!

I get to coach the future chef!

Yeah, it was "pose time" - Say "TURKEY!"

You have to admit it looks awesome! GOOD JOB ZACK!

Andrew hung out with us, and helped a TON in the kitchen! Thanks DREW!

The obligatory "fat guy" pose with his two awesome sons!

I was so thankful Drew was there... I miss him living at home - a lot!

You know how they say that turkey makes you sleepy? Well, when Linz came over the day after they got home from Idaho, she and Zimmy fell victim to the sleepies... He is so pickin' cute! And so is his mom!

Linz and Zimmy sawin' logs!

Zim was completely oblivious!

Later on, he was out COLD... cuddled under the covers! We sure love this guy!

All in all, I'd say I have a ton to be thankful for. I could go on and on here telling you of them all, but I'd like to wrap it up by saying just this: I am thankful for all the Lord has blessed me with. I am thankful that he has seen fit to fill my life with joy, happiness and a wonderful family. I am blessed above all men.

And here is one last shot at the best turkey we've ever had... thanks Zack! You rock, and you did an AWESOME job on this! I love you son!

Doesn't it look fake it's so perfect? It wasn't... believe me... it was PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment